Net Control Script
(please feel free to improvise)
(open squelch to receive weak stations)
QST QST QST
This is the Orange County Amateur Radio Club's Wednesday Night Phone Net. This Net meets on a frequency of 28.375/146.550 MHz Simplex every Wednesday night at 7:30/8:30 Pacific Time. It is an open and informal net and all check-ins are welcome. Your net control this evening is [name] [call sign] located in [city]. This is W6ZE standing by for check-ins…
During Net - Weak Signals
- Can anyone relay?…
- I think you have the call sign copied down wrong.
- It's not (JULIET) it's (ZULU). It's not (JULIET) it's (ZULU). QSL?
- What is your handle?
- And what is your location?
- You are coming in at an [S-reading].
- How many watts are you running?
During Net - Unfamiliar Check-in
- Have you checked-in to the OCARC nets before?
- And are you an OCARC member?
- You are welcome to check-in to any of our nets.
- Do you have internet access there at the shack?
- The Club Web Site is: www.w6ze.org, QSL?
- Our meeting time and location is…
- Consider this a formal invite to our club meeting.
During Net - Closing Net
- — Are there any final check-ins, go ahead…
- — Club Members are welcome to host any of our OCARC Nets, just contact myself or [prevailing net control].
- — Are there any final comments or anything for the good of the club, go ahead.
I would like to remind everyone that the Orange County Amateur Radio Club's 10-Meter/Two-Meter Net meets on a frequency of (28.375 MHz)/(146.55 MHZ simplex) every Wednesday night at 7:30pm/8:30pm Pacific Time. Your Net Control Operator this evening has been [name] [call sign]. I thank the check-ins for their participation. I would also like to thank all other Amateurs for the use of this frequency. This is W6ZE, and I am pulling the switch…*