Serving Orange County in Southern CA.
for over 85 years.
Announcements: Last updated: July 29, 2022
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING:
- We are back meeting at the Red Cross - Santa Ana.
- These are hybrid meetings, and people may still check in via Zoom©, but please attend in person if possible.
- The August guest speaker will be Chris Claborne - N1CLC. He will present a program on Summits on the Air (SOTA). Chris both activates summits around California as well as chases those activated by others. Check out the SoCal SOTAFest event below.
- For those on Zoom© the meeting begins at 7 PM but you are welcome to join beginning at 6:30 PM for technical checkout, etc.
- Interested on-line visitors can receive ZOOM sign-on information on the day of the meeting by an email link that will be provided here after 9:00 AM PDT.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING:
- Breakfasts are currently canceled, but Board meetings are now hybrid meetings being held in person at the QTH of W6ETC and over Zoom©.
- OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- SoCal SOTAFest:
- Friday, August 5 through Sunday, August 7 (PST).
- For more information see the listing on our Upcoming Events page!
- Here's a chance to work a few summits prior to our August program. Both HF and VHF frequencies will be active.
- 2022 ARRL Field Day:
- W6ZE operations for the 2022 ARRL Field Day were successful, in spite of poor band conditions. We expect to finish with a score in excess of 10,000.
- SoCal SOTAFest:
Current Presentation: W6ZE - Field Day 2022
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation. The next:
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs
U.T.C Date & Time: