Serving Orange County in Southern CA
for 90 years.
Announcements: Last updated: September 21th, 2023
Some dates on this page are updated automatically.
- 2023 is OCARC's 90th ANNIVERSARY !
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING:
- The October meeting will be our Club Radio/Electronics Auction. . It will be located at our regular meeting place. Doors open at 6:00 PM. Auction starts around 7:00 PM. Rules are available here. More information is available in our September RF Newsletter, pages 24 - 25.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING:
- The next board meeting will be held at the Streamliner Lounge & Café, 186 N. Atchinson St., (At the train station) off Chapman Ave. in Orange.
- OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The July 1st OCARC Private Roster is now available on our website for members only. Go to the Public Roster link in the left menu and scroll to the bottom. From there members may download the July private roster.
- The annual holiday party is scheduled for Dec. 8th at Mimi's in Tustin. Set aside the date and be sure to attend.
Current Presentation: W5KUB Amateur Radio Roundtable Podcast -
Katie Allen - WY7YL Interview with Chip Margelli - K7JA (09/06/2016)
In Memory of Chip Margelli - K7JA (1951 - 5/25/2023)
It is with a deep sadness that the club informs its members of the sudden passing of our president Chip - K7JA. Chip was a world renowned radio amateur with a love of the hobby. Our condolences go out to Chip's wife Janet - KL7MF and family, as well as to the many close friends that Chip has made throughout the worldwide ham community. Please respect Janet's privacy at this time.
Watch an in-depth interview with Chip in our "Theater" above.
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation. The next:
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs
U.T.C Date & Time: