Serving Orange County in Southern CA.
for over 85 years.
Announcements: Last updated: May 20, 2022
- NEXT GENERAL MEETING:
- Due to the pandemic, meetings have been held over ZOOM©. If the Red Cross lets us, we will be at the Red Cross - Santa Ana and will attempt a "hybrid meeting" (in person and via ZOOM©)
- Program information:
Clint Bradford, K6LCS
“How to Work Amateur Satellites with Your HT”
see Clint's website: www.work-sat.com for a lot of satellite information
- Formal meeting begins at 7 PM but all are welcome to join beginning at 6:30 PM for informal meet and greet.
- Interested visitors can receive ZOOM© sign-on information on the day of the meeting by an email link that will be provided here after 9:00 AM PDT.
- And here that link is:
- NEXT BOARD MEETING:
- Breakfasts are currently canceled. Board meetings will be a hybrid meeting held both at a QTH and over Zoom©.
- OTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- The Online Membership Roster (Basic) has been updated for 2022 and the April Private Roster is available from at the bottom. Please check your information to be sure it is correct.
Current Presentation: Winter Field Day
Located in the heart of Southern California, The Orange County Amateur Radio Club (OCARC) is dedicated to the advancement of "Ham Radio". Founded in 1933, the OCARC is a "general-purpose" club for anyone interested in ham radio. We have members of the OCARC active in the these aspects of ham radio:
- Emergency communications (RACES and ARES)
- DX-ing (long distance communications)
- Field Day participation. The next:
- Home-brewing (building your equipment and antennas)
- Community service
- Digital Amateur Television (Digital-ATV, DATV)
- HF/VHF/UHF/Microwave communications
- Repeater communications
- Satellite communications
- PSK31, JT-65 and FT8 communications
- Digital voice communications (D-STAR, WinDRM, etc.)
- PACKET radio and APRS
- Just talking to other HAMs
U.T.C Date & Time: